Sunday, January 25, 2009

You May or May Not Remember...

A similar picture that was posted about 6 months ago....


Natalie had asked to see some more pictures of what it looks like here....well, this is the main airfield....the tower is on the right....if you look closely on the left there is a row of Ospreys...they have HUGE black propellers.




I still maintain the the only real nice thing about the desert is the sunrises and sunsets. This is the sunrise at about 6:30.



Here's the main road....if you look carefully there are big hangars in the background. This was an Iraqi airbase before we...uh....aquired it....


Main road....facing the other way. Chow hall and my shop are this way....I think you might be able to see my antannas way in the background...



This is the gym....the cans are behind me....



Ok Mike, this one is for you. Photographic evidence that the knife has survived, in tact, throughout the entire deployment.
Thanks again.


See you all soon. 

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! I like seeing your bags all packed...but I am not looking forward to your stinky laundry. KIDDING. If you remember, the only nice thing in 29 Palms was the sunsets.

Jake said...

Yes, I remember.

You know you miss my dirty laundry...

Pam said...

Counting down! I remember that stinky mink blanket I received from Okinawa. I treasure it.