Things are pretty slow still, which is good as far as the war is concerned....but boring for us. (not that I'm really complaining)
This was the next day, this is the actual color that day...it was orange outside, it was crazy...looked like Mars.....sandstorms don't stop the CrossFitting!
6 comments:
Where's your dust mask? Seems to me that your nose will get plugged up and you would pass out from oxygen deprivation.
The only thing that I have seen that even comes close (sand storms) is over by Pendleton. It can get really nasty.
Glad to see that you are doing OK.
Dad
Looks like "Dune"!
No - I take that back - it is like Mars in "Total Recall"!
Surreal...that first one is actually really pretty in a desolate sort of way.
I'm impressed with your xfit dedication - were you coughing up orange dirt for the next few days?
Yeah your nose gets all plugged up...weapon gets all nasty too. You get to breathing hard while working out and the hot dusty air burns your throat...it hurts for quite a while afterwards...oh well, getting up early isn't an option...
Jacob!! Those are some pics!! Good to see them. I think a couple of them would make great poster's!! Don't think I will get something there in time for your birthday, so will wish you a happy birthday on this site. I don't know if you can get email out of your "tin can's" or not. It was so good to see Kate's pics on facebook of the bus arriving at Twentynine Palms and her running to Nick and then the big hug!!! Love you, Mary
Post a Comment