Friday, July 25, 2008

Your Tax Dollars at Work

We've been doing a lot the last couple weeks around here. Last week we went to Sea World and had a real good time. Joey loved the Shamu show and kept clapping and yelling "way-whole". We stayed till pretty late and all went on the Atlantis ride, Eli loved it. He went 3 times....

This week I was on the rifle and pistol ranges. I shot the rifle range with an M4 which I was kinda worried about since it has a 5.5" shorter barrel than the M-16. It turned out okay though, and I only shot 2 points lower than the score that earned me company high shooter at TBS. That was due to a bad wind call at the 500 yard line that cost me 2 points....oh well...still got a 238 out 0f 250 for my 5th award expert.
I shot well on the pistol range with a 380 out of 400 and only 3 shots of 40 outside the black.




We also spent quite a bit of time at the beach of course....weather's been great, in the high 70s and sunny.


Joey fell asleep at Sea World....



Here's everyone at the Shamu show.


Joey asleep again.


And again, this time on top of Noah.


So we met up with Cabe last week and he mentioned that if we wanted to go out in the boats, that he can make that happen. He's running the boat house that supports Force Recon aboard Pendleton. Here's the boys in one of the Recon Zodiacs.


He took us out in a 30 ft boat, it was awesome. The seals here like to hang out on these tanks...


They only had pink life jackets at Target...notice the seals piled on the buoy in the background.





After we were done on the 30 footer, we went back and Bill and the boys went home. Me, Nat and Cabe took out the Jet Ski's that Recon uses for "diver rescue" (AKA playing in the surf). It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I got mine up to 55- that's pretty fast in the water...We also jumped a lot of waves...you had to time it just right, if the wave breaks before you get to it you get slammed in the face with water while going 20-30 MPH- this happened to me quite a few times. You also have to hit the wave head on, or you'll get flipped. This happened once. But when you hit it just right, you can easily get 20 or so feet of air. Did that many times...fell off a few times...it was awesome.
Okay, so I may or may not update before I go, I'll try to. Then I may update from Ireland or Germay or something...

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had fun on the boats and jet ski's. Good job "shooting straight" at the range!